QUICK LINKSHome The Objectives Ganit Bikash Mathematical Compititions Mathematical Exhibitions Branches of the Academy Lectures, Seminars and Training Courses Funds and Endowments Management of the Academy Office of the Academy AAM Executive Council[2008-2010] AAM Talent Search Committee Construction committee Seminar & Project Committee
The Constitution of the Academy outlines the broad objectives of the Academy as follows:
- ❖ To advance and promote the cause of Mathematics study and research in Assam.
- ❖ To hold an annual Congress of the members to streamline the activities of the Academy.
- ❖ To publish such proceedings, magazines, journals, transactions and other publications as may be considered desirable by the Academy.
- ❖ To popularise Mathematics study and research by holding competitions, symposia, seminars and discussions at suitable places
- ❖ To secure and manage funds and endowments for promotion of Mathematics.
- ❖ To do and perform any or such other acts, matters and things as may be necessary for the fulfillment of the above objectives of the Academy.
The Constitution also declares that any person interested in mathematics and in the fulfillment of the objectives of the Academy may become member of the Academy. Initially there were four types of membership - life membership, annual membership, student membership and institutional membership. But at the moment the Academy encourages only life membership, and one can become a life member by paying Rs.500(Rupees five hundred only). During these twenty years the Academy has become a very large family indeed, and the Academy has meanwhile established itself as an integral part of the academic sphere of the state offering valuable contributions for improvement of mathematics education in various directions. .